Thursday, October 07, 2004

good god, it's catching


redhead, originally uploaded by seamonkeylifeboat.

ear hair that is. Maybe it's the pollution or something, but I've noticed my ear hair is growing too. Not to the prodigous lengths of some here, and not with the same lusterous girth, but still. . .

You can't see it in this photo, or maybe even in real life, but if you remember this post the next time you see me, you probably will look for it surreptitiously.

This is another Ganpati photo. There was a small ceremony with three small Ganesh statues going on and the head of the family invited us to join. We were singing and clapping and then a guy with a big bag of pigment came up to me with a smile and clobbered me. When I opened my eyes a second later, Laurel and Valerie and Maude were well down the beach, standing there with their hands in their pockets. Soon after, the ceremony stopped and they offered me some fruit, a banana to be exact. They kept trying to lure the women back, but they were standing on the beach yelling at them, " come back. banana. you want banana."

funny. it didn't work.

By the end of the day, what with the monsoon and dancing behind the trance truck, my whole face and chest and butt crack were dyed orange.

hi mom!

andy

1 Comments:

Blogger zelia said...

are you guys going to write more soon? pretty please?

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home