Saturday, November 20, 2004

just a quote i like....

Professor Marshall MacLuhan -
"For many years I have observed that the moralist typically sustitutes anger for perception. He hopes that many people will mistake his irritation for insight...The mere moralistic expression of approval or disapproval, preference or detestation, is currently being used in our world as a substitute for observation and a substitute for study. People hope that if they scream loudly enough about 'values' then others will mistake them for serious, sensitive souls who have higher and nobler perceptions than ordinary people. Otherwise why would they be screaming?...Moral bitterness is a basic technique for endowing the idiot with dignity."

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Verily.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you would post such a thing. I mean MY GOD! How can you possibly say such things...it's just grotesque and patently wrong! What kind of people are you, tell me, WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE YOU! I am so disgusted and indignant.

12:13 PM  
Blogger zelia said...

That anonymous person sounds suspiciously like Scott when he is bored at work....

9:07 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hmmm...wasn't me. Unless I was sleep-typing during my after-lunch food coma.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home